|Community Q&A Blog|
A Safe Zone for Sharps in the OR
Deborah from Pennsylvania says, “We have been looking for material that will tell us the definition of a safe zone; I place a surgical safe box or red needle box on the Mayo stand for needles and also for blades, and pass these instruments from the Mayo stand. I have looked at the AORN standards where as it states that sharps should be placed near the surgical field; I have been told that the sharps box should be placed on the back table. I disagree with this, as I do not turn my back to the surgeon so that my focus is at the field. What do you think?” ICT readers, do you have any input here?
- Researchers Report New Zika Complication
- HHS Funds Development of Zika Diagnostic Test for Use in Doctors' Offices
- FDA Advises Testing for Zika Virus in All Donated Blood and Blood Components in the US
- Understanding the Likely Causes of Zika Virus Congenital Syndrome
- Shortwave Infrared Instrument from MIT Could See Deeper, Help Improve Diagnosis of Ear Infections