The Cleaning Industry Research Institute International (CIRI) announces that Dr. Eugene Cole will be the keynote speaker for its fall 2011 Cleaning Science Symposium, Cleaning and Disinfection: The Science, Practice and Controversy. The event will held at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center in Atlanta, Nov. 9-11, 2011.
We are pleased to have Dr. Cole as our featured speaker, says Jim Harris, Sr., CIRI chairman. His presentation will focus on Effective Cleaning Versus Disinfection: Risks or Remedies? A member of Brigham Young Universitys Department of Health Science, Cole also is a respected microbiologist, public health teacher, research specialist on cleaning and health and serves on CIRIs Science Advisory Council (SAC).
Other scheduled speakers include:
- Elizabeth Scott, PhD, Simmons College: Sustainable Hygiene Practices in Home, Work and Community
- Benjamin Tanner, PhD, Antimicrobial Test Laboratories: Reduction in Microbial Load on High Touch Surfaces in Hospital Rooms by Treatment with a Portable, Saturated Vapor Steam System
- Mark D. McLaughlin, Jr., Restor All, and Michael Pinto, Wonder Makers Environmental: Real Life Experiment to Gauge the Impact of Chemicals and Work Procedures on Mold Remediation
- Jason Marshall, PhD, Toxic Use Reduction Institute (TURI), University of Massachusetts, Lowell: Right, Wrong or Somewhere in Between? How You Disinfect Makes a Difference
- John Richter, Kaivac Inc.: High Fluid Flow Extraction: Chemical-Free Cleaning and Real World Data
- W. Curtis White, chief technology consultant, SAS Global, Inc.: Testing for Antimicrobial Properties: Scientific Evaluations, Claims Validation, Application and Quality Control Testing with Real World Performance Validation
- Steven M. Spivak, PhD, professor emeritus, University of Maryland and chairman of the CIRI Science Advisory Council: Demystifying and Categorizing Antimicrobials, Disinfectants and Biocides All
- Cliff Beiser, Champions Touch: Anecdotal Testing, Evaluation and Typical Results Using Adenosine Triphosphate ATP Measures on Soiled and Cleaned Interior Surfaces
Papers and proposals are still being reviewed for the fall program. Submissions should focus on any topic listed on CIRIs website. Original ideas also are encouraged. Proposals should be sent to Steven Spivak ([email protected]) chairman of the CIRI Science Advisory Council.
For more information or to register for the symposium contact CIRI at (888) 285-2474, (518) 690-0479 or visit www.ciriscience.org.