Man Infected with Salmonella Dies

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A man, who was treated for salmonella infection after eating at a suburban Chattanooga Red Lobster, has died.

Officials will not give any details of the cause of death, or the man's identity.

He was reportedly one of 160 people who became ill after eating at the restaurant last month. Some 35 cases have been confirmed.

The death is unexpected - reportedly only 1 percent of salmonella infections are lethal.

Information from www.azcentral.com

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish