The list of finalists includes:
Derwood Dunbar President and CEO, MAGNET
Allen Dunehew Vice President of Pharmacy, Amerinet-St. Louis
Ed Gravell Vice President of Health Systems of U.S. Distribution, Cardinal Health
Jack Hannenmann Vice President of National Accounts, Medline Industries
The HIGPA Achievement Award is designed as a showcase vehicle to publicly acknowledge the untiring support of member individuals who continuously provide their time and invaluable insight on the Associations ongoing endeavors, said HIGPAs president and CEO Robert Betz, PhD. We are overwhelmingly grateful to the four finalists for their commitment to HIGPA, and ultimately to the entire health care supply chain."
All HIGPA member Achievement Award nominees were reviewed based on the following criteria over the past 18 months:
1) Participation in HIGPAs volunteer-based steering committees, task forces, and special focus groups;
2) Participation in HIGPAs educational events;
3) Recruitment of new HIGPA members and/or educational event attendees;
4) Speaking opportunities either at a HIGPA event or promoting HIGPA and the health care purchasing industry;
5) Conducting/promoting new innovative programs, initiatives that are focused on the betterment of the health care purchasing industry;
6) Authored/co-authored articles for trade journals or national publications that promote HIGPA and the healthcare purchasing industry;
7) Authored/co-authored research or white papers that help to promote/define the heathcare purchasing industry; and,
8) Other tangible ways in which the nominee(s) promote HIGPA and the healthcare purchasing industry.
The 2004 HIGPA Achievement Award has three physical components, including two keepsakes. First, a unique crystal obelisk will be presented to the winner. This Achievement Award obelisk is the traveling award that will remain with the recipient for display purposes until the 2005 International EXPO and will have the recipients name engraved on the wooden base. Second, a special 2004 HIGPA Achievement Award 10-kt. gold lapel pin will be presented to the recipient. Finally, a professionally framed photograph of the award winner receiving the actual award will be forwarded after the EXPO.
In addition, a donation will be made by HIGPA on behalf of the 2004 HIGPA Achievement Award recipients health care charity of choice to further acknowledge their time donated to HIGPA and the industry.
The 2004 HIGPA Achievement Award recipient will serve as the first member of an elite group of health care executives. The recipient is invited to be a member of the 2005 Awards Working Group to assist HIGPA in further defining the Achievement Award program. Additionally, the recipient will present the 2005 HIGPA Achievement Award at the 2005 International EXPO in
This year marks the first HIGPA Achievement Award program. Calls for nominations were issued to the HIGPA membership from May 25, 2004 through Aug. 15, 2004. Based on the awards criteria and nominees volunteer efforts, four finalists were selected by the Awards Working Group, comprised of individuals from trading partners and group purchasing organizations to supply chain consultants and the media.
HIGPA is a chartered trade association of over 160 healthcare purchasing and supply chain organizations.