PROFESSIONAL INFECTION CONTROL MANAGEMENT OR GLORIFIED DISHWASHERS? BY BECKI HARTER, CST, RCST, CRCST, FEL, PAGE 8.
1. Ninemeier JD. Central Service Technical Manual, Fifth edition. IAHCSMM, Chicago. 2000.
THE RACE AGAINST RESISTANCE CREATES URGENCY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF NEW ANTIMICROBIALS, BY TINA BROOKS, PAGE 14.
1. Infectious Disease Society of America. www.idsociety.org
3. Jones M (2003). Hot off the press. Microbiology Today, 30:138-141.
4. Louther J, Feldman J, Rivera P, Villa N, DeHovitz J and Sepkowitz KA (1998). Hepatitis B vaccination program at a New York City hospital: Seroprevalence, seroconversion, and declination. American Journal of Infection Control, 26:423- 427.
5. Harbarth S, Siegrist CA, Schira JC, Wunderli W and Pittet D (1998). Infect Control Hospital Epidemiology,19:337-342.
6. Ludwig-Beymer P. and Gerc SC (2002). An influenza prevention campaign: the employee perspective. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 16:1-12.
COMBATING SHARPS-SAFETY MYTHS, BY JOHN ROARK, PAGE 18.
1. www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/hospital/hazards/sharps/sharps.html Referenced Sept. 4, 2003.
2. http://www.premierinc.com/frames/index.jsp?pagelocation=/safety/ Referenced Sept. 8, 2003.
PREVENTING WORKPLACE-RELATED STRESS, BY PATRICIA TYDELL, MSN, BSN, MPH, PAGE 46.
2. Americas No. 1 health problem: why is there more stress today? www.stress.org/problem.htm
3. StressStop.Com Catalog. Fight or flight: the evolution of stress. www.stressstop.com
4. Ohio State University research news. Stress may increase susceptibility to infectious Disease. www.acs.ohi-state.edu
5. The End of Stress as We Know It. National Academies Press, 2002. www.books.nap.edu
6. Job Stress. www.stress.org
7. DelBel, John C. RN, MSN. Escalating workplace aggression. Nursing Management. September, 2003. www.nursingmanagement.com
8. Hilton P. et al. Verbal abuse in nursing: how serious is it? Nursing Management. 1994.
9. Employee Stress. www.jobstresshelp.com
10. Department of Labor. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Workplace deaths. www.bls.gov