Among patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and advanced hepatic fibrosis (development of excess fibrous connective tissue), sustained virological response (SVR) to interferon-based treatment was associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality compared with patients without SVR, according to a study in the Dec. 26 issue of JAMA.
Sustained Virological Response Linked with Improved Survival for Patients with Chronic HCV Infection
- Walgreens Expands Access to Pharmacist-Led Hepatitis C Care as Treatments Advance
- How Long Should HCV Treatment Last? Study Suggests Answers are Complex
- Study Lays Groundwork for Norovirus Antiviral Treatments
- Current Hepatitis C Treatments Can't be Used by More Than Half of Patients
- Gene Variants Protect Against Relapse After Treatment for Hepatitis C