Among patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and advanced hepatic fibrosis (development of excess fibrous connective tissue), sustained virological response (SVR) to interferon-based treatment was associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality compared with patients without SVR, according to a study in the Dec. 26 issue of JAMA.
Sustained Virological Response Linked with Improved Survival for Patients with Chronic HCV Infection
- Walgreens Expands Access to Pharmacist-Led Hepatitis C Care as Treatments Advance
- Available Treatments for Hepatitis C Virus are Cost Effective When Initiated Early
- New Hepatitis C Treatments are Cost-Effective but Only for Selected Patients
- Study Uncovers Treatment That Reduces Herpes Virus Infection
- How Long Should HCV Treatment Last? Study Suggests Answers are Complex