Join CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden and infection control experts Dr. Michael Bell and Dr. Arjun Srinivasan from CDC’s Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion to discuss how healthcare providers can prevent deadly healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and make healthcare safer.
As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC is committed to helping all Americans receive the best and safest medical care possible. The U.S. is seeing reductions in numbers of some HAIs, but some infection types remain stagnant. In addition, there is the emergence of more dangerous, antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Many facilities and states have shown tremendous success in protecting patients from all types of HAIs; CDC is helping spread that success nationally.
The conversation will be held on Monday, March 25, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. EDT. Follow Frieden on Twitter @DrFriedenCDC and use the hashtag #CDCchat to participate.
CDC Experts to Discuss HAI Prevention in Twitter Conversation
- Informatics Tools Underutilized in HAI Prevention, Study Says
- Device-Related Infections: A Tale of Two Hospitals Setting Example for HAI Reduction, Prevention
- HAI Prevention and Environmental Hygiene: The Changing Landscape of Healthcare Delivery
- Infection Prevention Experts Join UMF Corporation Advisory Board
- CDC Says Action Needed Now to Halt Spread of CRE