The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) begins the nomination process with a call for candidates for the 2014-2016 board of directors. Applications will be accepted immediately with a deadline of 5 p.m. PT on Oct. 11, 2013. Nominations will not be accepted after this date and time.
The HLAC board of directors consists of four classes ofdirectors. For 2014-2016, there are four open positions in three director classes. The three classes with open positions are listed below:
Class 1 represents textile maintenance companies (i.e., these are owner and/or operators of non-cooperative or in-house laundries) engaged in healthcare textile processing.
Class 2 represents associations interested in healthcare textile processing and support the purpose of the Council, such as but not limited to:
- Association for Healthcare Environment (AHE)
- Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
- Association for Linen Management (ALM)
- American Reusable Textiles Association (ARTA)
- International Association for Healthcare Textile Management (IAHTM)
Class 4 represents government agencies (i.e., works or has worked within the last five years for government as an employee and is familiar with writing, using, and complying with mandates and guidance) and/or is an Infection Control Professional (i.e., works or has worked within the last five years for a hospital or healthcare organization and who understands and applies standards in their career or job).
The board of directors is responsible for overseeing the management, finance and operations of HLAC in order to permit the organization to accomplish its mission and its purpose. HLAC board members serve for a three-year term and must be able to dedicate three to four hours per week to HLAC business (including conference calls and two in-person board meetings per year).
1. Proceed to the HLAC website (www.hlacnet.org) and download the board of director application.
2. Complete the application and forward it electronically to HLAC executive director Regina A. Baras (firstname.lastname@example.org). Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
3. Submit a digital photo with the application as a .jpg file
4. Please note: A section of the application asks for peer references (personal or professional). Peer references cannot be current HLAC board members or inspectors. It is recommended that peer references are industry-relevant associates who can attest to your skills and leadership qualities. HLAC will forward a multi-question form to your peer reference to complete on your behalf. The completed peer reference form will be returned directly to HLAC.
5. If you have questions, contact Regina Baras at email@example.com or call 855-277-HLAC (4522).
Source: Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC)