The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) introduces its new board of directors for the year, which includes four new members.
"It is because of the active participation of our past and present board members combined with their high level of expertise that HLAC has been able to raise the standards of and ever-increasing respect for our industry," says new HLAC president Gregory Gicewicz. "We can never lose sight of the fact that it's patient safety that is the biggest beneficiary of their great and hard work."
The 2014 HLAC officers are:
• President - Gregory Gicewicz, president, Sterile Surgical Systems, Tumwater, Wash.
• Vice President - Deborah R. Lark, chief operating officer, Portland Hospital Service Corp., Portland, Ore.
• Secretary/Treasurer - Robert Potack, vice president, Operations, Unitex Textile Rental Services, Mt. Vernon, N.Y.
• Immediate Past President - Rocco Romeo, Chief Executive Officer, HLS Linen Services, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
• Director-At-Large - John Scherberger, CHESP, president, Healthcare Risk Mitigation, Spartanburg, S.C.
Board members continuing their terms in 2014 are:
• Bradley J. Bushman, vice president, technical affairs, Standard Textile Company Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio
• Myles Noel, chief operating officer, COMTEX, Columbus, Ohio
• Sandra J. Hensley, RN, MSEM, BSN, CIC, infection control practitioner, University of Toledo Medical Center, Holland, Ohio
New members of the board are:
• Representing the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), Joan Blanchard, RN, MSS, CNOR, CIC, infection prevention assistant, Littleton Adventist Hospital, Denver
• Aaron R. Gersh, PhD, CHESP, MACHE, vice president, Healthcare Division, Superior Linen Service, Muskogee, OK
• Philip A. Sharpe, chief executive officer, Three Brothers Development, LLC/DBA United HLS, Alma, GA
• Thomas M. Scheidel, RN, BSN, CFI, chief executive officer, Scheidel and Associates Inc., North Richland Hills, Texas.
Source: Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC)