The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) is actively seeking public comment to proposed revisions to the 2011 Accreditation Standards for Processing Reusable Textiles for Use in Healthcare Facilities. The proposed revisions are open for public comment through a survey that can be accessed below and from HLAC's website. Public comments will be accepted until June 30, 2014.
"HLAC encourages all professionals who serve the healthcare industry or use or process healthcare textiles to participate in the survey and make responsible comments on the proposed revisions to the standards," says Gregory Gicewicz, HLAC president. "Your feedback is important and HLAC will seriously consider all comments."
The proposed revised standards and survey are displayed in three parts.
• In the proposed revised standards, the change action will appear in blue; the proposed revision change appears in red.
• The survey will correspond to the revised standards number that appears in the document.
• The survey asks participants if they agree or disagree with the revised standard and the rationale for the decision.
• Participants may comment on all revisions in the standards (Parts I, II or III) or, participants may choose to comment only on those revisions where their opinions, views or ideas are strongest.
To access the proposed revisions of the HLAC Standards, Part I, click here.
To access the survey of the proposed revisions of the HLAC Standards, Part I, click here.
To access the proposed revisions of the HLAC Standards, Part II, click here.
To access the survey of the proposed revisions of the HLAC Standards, Part II, click here.
To access the proposed revisions of the HLAC Standards, Part III, click here.
To access the survey of the proposed revisions of the HLAC Standards, Part III, click here.
The first edition of the HLAC Standards became effective in 2006. The second edition of the HLAC standards which was almost a total revision of the 2006 Standards became effective in 2012. The next revision of the HLAC standards will become effective on Jan. 1, 2016.
Source: Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC)
HLAC Opens for Public Comment Proposed Revisions to Accreditation Standards
- New Pediatric Infection Prevention Guidelines Issued for Residential Facilities
- Coordinated Infection Prevention Intervention Reduces Prevalence of CRE in LTC Facilities
- Researcher Says More Evaluation to Determine Antimicrobial Stewardship for LTC Facilities Needed
- Marlite Introduces Induro FRP with SaniSEAL Trim Technology Wall System for Healthcare Facilities
- RFID: New Technology for Asset Management in Healthcare Facilities
- CDC Releases Two New Clinical Resources in the Fight Against Ebola
- ANA Supports CDC Guidance, Not Mandatory Quarantine for HCWs Returning from Treating Ebola Patients
- Improved Mouse Model Will Accelerate Research on Potential Ebola Vaccines, Treatments
- HAIs, Accidents and Injuries Remain a Persistent Problem, Despite Signs of Hospital Efforts
- A New Step Toward Eradication of H5N1 Avian Flu