JAMA has posted today a Viewpoint, “The Ebola Epidemic – A Global Health Emergency,” written by Lawrence O. Gostin, JD, of the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C., and colleagues.
On Aug. 8, 2014, the World Health Organization declared the West Africa Ebola crisis a public health emergency of international concern. In this Viewpoint, the authors discuss the Ebola epidemic, the ethical dilemmas of potential treatments, and public health countermeasures. The Viewpoint can be found HERE.
JAMA Posts Viewpoint on Ebola Epidemic
- University, Medical Center Partner for Development of Diagnostic Tests for HIV Drug Resistance
- International Health Systems Fund Could Have Averted Ebola Outbreak
- Multimillion-Dollar Antiviral Drug Discovery Center Aims to Take on West Nile, Influenza
- Economists Say Surgery Centers More Efficient Than Hospitals
- Healthcare Coalition Applauds Nebraska Medical Center for Ebola Waste Material Preparedness