Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) is offering a vendor program in endoscope reprocessing at the 39th annual meeting of the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) taking place in Phoenix May 18-23, 2012.
ASP will be offering the vendor program, Leadership in Infection Prevention: Patient and Staff Safety in Endoscope Reprocessing, on Sunday, May 20 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Phoenix Convention Center. The session will focus on the following:
- National standards for endoscope reprocessing
- Regulatory revisions and considerations
- Exploration of recent peer-reviewed evidence
- Recent health system cases related to breaches in reprocessing and implications for patient and staff safety
Speakers for the session include:
- Cathy Rocco, RN, BA, MSN, CNOR, Senior Clinical Education Consultant, ASP
- Carol Stevens, BSN, RN, CGRN, Clinical Education Consultant, ASP
Additionally, SGNA meeting attendees are encouraged to visit ASPs exhibit booth (#301) May 20-22 for an interactive opportunity to walk through the reprocessing steps of an EVOTECH® Endoscope Cleaner and Reprocessor (ECR) cleaning cycle and experience firsthand how the EVOTECH® ECR helps minimize user risk every step of the way through automation, consistent cleaning, documentation and MEC monitoring. Through its automated process, the EVOTECH® ECR allows healthcare facilities to enhance the standard of care for their patients, staff and facility.