This article is part of the UV Light Product Showcase that was featured in the July 2009 issue of ICT.
Clinical trials conclude that Tru-D exceeds all disinfection requirements for pathogen log reduction of high-touch surfaces for vancomycin-resistant Enteroccoci (VRE), methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Acinetobacter, Clostridium difficile, and other infectious disease.1
Tru-D is a cost-effective, easy to use, noninvasive approach with no adverse environmental effects.” 2
• Fully Automated: Delivers the programmed lethal dose for pathogens without chance or human error.
• Safe and Simple: Operated by handheld remote. Ventilation does not need to be modified.
• Thorough: Targets highly-shadowed areas to deliver measured dose of UV energy.
• Fast and Effective: Reduces colony counts of pathogens within minutes.
• Proactive: Patented, portable disinfection unit verifies proper delivered dose
Martin S. Favero Lectureship: “Disinfection and Sterilization: Successes and Failures” by William Rutala, PhD, MPH. Full presentation text can be found at: http://www.disinfectionandsterilization.org/
Rastogi VK. Disinfection of Acinetobacter baumanii contaminated surfaces relevant to medical treatment facilities with ultraviolet light. military Medicine, 172;11:1166.2007
Lumalier Air and Surface Disinfection
743 S. Dudley
Memphis, Tenn. 38104