Outsourcing is a strategy that healthcare institutions employ to help curb the escalating costs of providing services. In healthcare, as in other industries, outsourcing entails hiring an external contractor that assumes responsibility for managing a service line. Because the contractor specializes in providing a specific service and can achieve economies of scale, the entity can provide a service more efficiently and less expensively than the healthcare organization. In the case of healthcare laundry outsourcing, moving this service that is peripheral to the institutions primary operation of providing clinical services may also enable administrators and staff to concentrate more efficiently on their core business.
Table of Contents
- The Benefits of Outsourcing Healthcare Laundry
- Considerations for Choosing a Laundry Contractor
Takeaways for Your Business
- Review the factors driving the healthcare outsourcing trend
- Discover the benefits of outsourcing support services, such as cost control and increased compliance
- Learn about how to select an experienced, competent healthcare linen service provider