Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) announces the availability of the EVOTECH™ Endoscope Cleaner and Reprocessor, the first commercially available system designed to eliminate labor-intensive manual cleaning of endoscopes. The results of the EVOTECH™ System establish a consistently high standard of automated endoscope cleaning and high-level disinfection that is comparable to professional society guidelines for manual cleaning.
By removing the need to manually clean, the EVOTECH™ System eliminates the risk of human variation in endoscope cleaning. In addition, the EVOTECH™ System’s 33-minute or less reprocessing cycle time provides fast turn-around of instrumentation and enables healthcare workers to spend more time completing patient-related activities.
“With the EVOTECH™ System’s exceptional automation and technology, you can be confident that endoscopes are reprocessed safely and consistently,” said Karen Borg, worldwide vice president of marketing at ASP. “The EVOTECH™ System is a trailblazer and one more example of how ASP is continually delivering innovative infection prevention solutions that meet our customers’ needs.”
The EVOTECH™ System features:
· Integrated Minimum Effective Concentration (MEC) monitoring that eliminates the need to handle high-level disinfectant, limiting the chance of staff exposure.
· Automated leak detection at the beginning and end of the cycle, which helps ensure endoscope integrity.
· Built-in alcohol flush that complies with SGNA recommendations to promote drying of endoscopes.
· Single-use high-level disinfection using glutaraldehyde-free CIDEX® OPA Concentrate Solution.
· Dual, independent basins that offer cleaning and reprocessing in 33 minutes or less.
· Convenient hands-free operation.
· Audible alarm can be turned on to alert of cycle completion.
The EVOTECH™ System is indicated for use with high-level disinfectant CIDEX® OPA Concentrate Solution and an enzymatic detergent (CIDEZYME® GI) to achieve cleaning and high-level disinfection of heat sensitive (>60° C) semi-critical endoscopes. Manual cleaning of medical devices (endoscopes) is not required prior to placement in the EVOTECH™ System when selecting those cycles that contain a wash stage. Manual cleaning of medical devices (endoscopes) is required when selecting the disinfect only or disinfect/alcohol flush cycle.
For more information about the EVOTECH™ System, visit www.evotechecr.com.