Nelson Laboratories will host free sterilization validation and biocompatibility testing classes at the 2013 MD&M East Show beginning at 10 a.m. on June 19 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia. The sessions outline basic testing and validation requirements medical device manufacturers need to learn to avoid delays when releasing new products.
"Each of these presentations will keep medical device manufacturers up to date on the validation testing requirements the FDA mandates," says Martell Winters, senior scientist at Nelson Laboratories. "Our goal at MD&M East is to show manufacturers what they could be doing more efficiently to save time and money while developing new products and preparing them for market."
The classes will each last one hour and cover the following topics:
10 a.m. Sterile Barrier Packaging Validation, Wendy Mach
- The values and methodology of package testing with a focus on the requirements outlined in ISO 1160
11 a.m. Biocompatibility, Derek Peterson
- The basic testing requirements of ISO10993 an how to choose the correct methods for your product
1 p.m. Reusable Device Cleaning, Disinfection, & Sterilization Validations, Emily Mitzel
- In-depth information on how to perform a cleaning validation and other fundamentals of sterilization validations
2 p.m. Radiation Sterilization Validation, Martell Winters
- Basic testing requirements and methods, radiation validation requirements and methods
3 p.m. Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Validation, Dan Floyd
- Basic testing requirements and methods, ethylene oxide validation requirements and methods
Nelson Laboratories' experts will be available June 18-20 at MD&M East in booth #3336 to answer questions about the sessions or any of the tests Nelson Laboratories performs.
Nelson Laboratories will also present at the Innovation Briefs Theater on June 19. Emily Mitzel will begin "New Trends in Cleaning and Disinfection Validations for Reusable Devices" at 12 p.m. Martell Winters will follow with "Current Innovations with Radiation Sterilization" at 1 p.m.
For a free pass good for the duration of the show please contact Nelson Laboratories' marketing department at email@example.com.
Source: Nelson Laboratories