In an effort to increase access to essential infection prevention education, the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) announces the addition of three new courses to its APIC ANYWHERE online education center.
The new offerings further enhance the scope of this interactive learning portal and will bring additional high-quality, cost-effective education developed by leading experts in infection prevention to more of theÂ 9 million healthcare workers who impact patient safety.
"APIC ANYWHERE offers a practical solution for healthcare facilities struggling with declining education budgets," says APIC CEO Kathy Warye. "With an increased focus on eliminating healthcare-associated infections, it is imperative that all healthcare personnel are well-prepared to meet the daily challenges of preventing infections. APIC ANYWHERE provides healthcare professionals in any setting with the critical infection prevention tools and resources they need."
Launched in 2009 by the association, APIC ANYWHERE provides comprehensive, evidence-based healthcare-associated infection (HAI) reduction strategies, education, and training. Accessible anytime, anywhere, APIC ANYWHERE delivers credible, essential content in a user-friendly, interactive format.
New APIC ANYWHERE course content includes:
- Essentials of Infection Prevention (EIP) a thorough, competency-based review of the basics of infection prevention geared to all healthcare workers
- Microbiology 101 for Infection Preventionists a self-directed, comprehensive course on microbiological concepts that will aid decision making in infection prevention practice
- EPI Primer a fundamental understanding of infection prevention and the varied roles and responsibilities of infection preventionists to enhance collaboration in the advancement of patient safety
Through APIC ANYWHERE, users also have access to:
- APIC Text Online - the complete, searchable reference tool for infection prevention
- Webinars 60-90 minute live and archived presentations on current issues in infection prevention
- Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) Elimination Library in-depth training on critical infection prevention topics
- Certification Review review course for those seeking the certification in infection control (CIC) designation
CEUs are available for many of the APIC ANYWHERE course offerings. Additional benefits include the availability of technical support and an e-learning transcript that keeps track of the users education in infection prevention.
For more information, visit www.apic.org/anywhere.
Financial assistance for the development of APIC ANYWHERE has been provided in the form of unrestricted education grants by the following companies: Ecolab (Founding Supporter), and 3M, BD, and Ethicon (Innovation Supporters).