Infection Control Today® Educator of the YearTM Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Contest is open only to individuals who are residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Guam, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who are employed in the medical field and focusing on infection prevention and control at the time of application and award. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who since June 1, 2023, were or are employees or agents of Sponsor, its respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, sponsors and any independent contractors of any kind of the above organizations; provided however, faculty or members of steering and selection committees are eligible to nominate and for nomination; (b) employees of, the persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as any person in any of the proceeding categories and (c) any entity involved in providing products or services to the infection control and prevention industry. Void where prohibited by law. This contest begins Tuesday, September 5, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends for the general public on Wednesday, November 1, at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period”).
- To participate and qualify for the Contest, an individual may be nominated to become inducted as an Infection Control Today Educator of the Year (“Contest”) by a healthcare professional that provides services in the field of infection control and prevention, and can include, DOs, MDs, Nurses, Infection Preventionists, Environmental Service Personnel, Sterile Processing Personnel, and PhDs (the “Entrant”). Entries can be submitted at the Contest website at infectioncontroltodayeducatoroftheyear.com (the “Website”) by completing the entry form (the “Entry Form”). The Entry Form includes name, contact information of the entrant, reasons for the nominee being nominated, and institution/practice name. The Entrant completes the entry by checking the box and agreeing to these Official Rules. By submitting an Entry Form, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Infection Control Today (the “Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. For purposes of this Contest and these Official Rules, your “Entry” is, collectively, the information and materials submitted by you as an Entrant, including, without limitation, the information disclosed through the Entry Form, and the Entry submitted. Entrants may submit multiple unique Entries. Entrant represents and warrants that its Entry (i) is original work, created solely by the Entrant, and is the exclusive property of Entrant alone; (ii) has not been previously published, released or distributed in any form; and (iii) has not won an award. Entries must be written in English. Entries that do not fully comply with the requirements set forth herein may be disqualified. The decisions of Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, or incomplete entries, postage-due mail, or entries not received for any reason. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
All entries will be judged under the supervision of a qualified judging panel (steering committee) whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. The possible categories from which an eligible entry shall be named an Infection Control Today Educator of the Year (“Inductee”) are infection preventionist, epidemiologist, environmental hygienist, sterile processing professional, perioperative nurse, or any other professional noted as an infection prevention and control professional as noted at infectioncontroltodayeducatoroftheyear.com/nominate. For a winner to be considered by the judging panel there must be at least three (3) nominations of eligible nominees received by Sponsor for consideration. Sponsor in its sole discretion may choose not to select an Inductee for any reason, including but not limited to the Sponsor not receiving enough nominations or the selected Winner declining the award. The entries may be judged on the following criteria:
Must have at least 15 Years of experience in IPC
Nominator must be in the medical field
The reason the person should be nominated. Maximum of 1000 words, including these topics, which includes the following :
The nominee must excel and be passionate about educating others (show at least 2 examples) 40%
The nominee going above and beyond to see that others are empowered to make positive change (at least 2 examples) 30%
Results that their education has led to? Quantifiable results/demonstrated positive change. 30%
- Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Inductee will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail after Friday, December 1, 2023. For a list of Inductee names, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to MultiMedia Medical, LLC at 2 Clarke Drive Suite 100 Cranbury, New Jersey 08512, by June 1, 2024.
- One (1) nominee will be selected as the Infection Control Today® Educator of the YearTM. The Inductee will receive an engraved plaque/award (an approximate value of $125) (“Recognition Award”). All costs and expenses associated with the Recognition Award acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, such as reservation fees, taxes, insurance, meals, beverages, gratuities, and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Inductees. Inductees are responsible for paying any necessary State and Federal taxes related to the winnings. Inductees may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the Recognition Award.
- The limit for this Contest is one (1) Inductee, The Inductee will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail by Friday, December 1, 2023. If an Inductee cannot be contacted, or refuses the honor, does not consent to a video interview, or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Inductee will be selected. Prize is not transferable. No cash or prize substitutions, except the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes comparable in value. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use that Inductee's name, likeness, and photo, and hometown for promotional and publicity purposes in any media now known or later developed, worldwide, at no additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By participating and accepting a prize, Inductee releases and agrees to hold harmless, Sponsor, its respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, sponsors and any independent contractors of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or the participation in this contest or any contest-related activity.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter. Facebook and Instagram are registered trademarks of Meta, Inc. LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter Inc.
- Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation affected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in other Contest-related materials, the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- By entering, each Entrant agrees for Entrant and for Entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., and Twitter, Inc. and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (b) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Middlesex County, New Jersey. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New Jersey and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New Jersey. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- The Sponsor of this Contest is MultiMedia Medical, LLC, 2 Clarke Drive Suite 100, Cranbury, New Jersey 08512.