© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and Infection Control Today. All rights reserved.
Sepsis is a consequence of infection that is difficult to predict, diagnose, and treat. Patients who develop sepsis have an increased risk of complications and death and face higher healthcare costs and longer treatment. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working to increase sepsis awareness and improve early recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
The CDC recently launched a new sepsis website that houses the following information:
• Basic information – questions and answers for patients, fact sheets
• Clinical guidelines and tools – guidelines, bundles, education resources, and tools
• Improving survival – quality improvement efforts by healthcare facilities to improve survival in sepsis
• Medical bibliography – selected sepsis chapters from medical textbooks
• Data reports – recent reports on the incidence of sepsis
• Related links – for additional information about sepsis
Visit the new CDC sepsis website at http://www.cdc.gov/sepsis.