© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and Infection Control Today. All rights reserved.
Crosstex/SPSmedical announces a new educational website dedicated to providing information about Rapicide® OPA/28 High-Level Disinfectant, a fast-acting, long lasting, highly compatible high-level disinfectant that ensures a safe and healthy environment for patients and staff. This reusable ortho-phthalaldehyde disinfectant is designed for use on heat-sensitive, semi-critical devices that are unsuitable for sterilization. Product features include:
• 10-minute high-level disinfection time at room temperature (20ºC min.)
• Up to 28-day reuse period with no mixing or activation required
• Effective inactivation of TB, Hepatitis Viruses, MRSA, VRE, and HIV
• Easy-to-read Rapicide® OPA/28 Test Strips to accurately measure the ortho-phthaladehyde solution
for effectiveness (with an intuitive pass/fail color chart on bottle)
• Less irritation to the eyes, nose and throat than glutaraldehyde* because of the low percentage of OPA (.575%) *epa.gov
Website features include:
• Rapicide® OPA/28 HLD and Rapicide® OPA/28 Test Strip Instructions for Use
• A Future Date Calculator that allows customers to track reuse life and expiration dates
• Materials Safety Data Sheets
• Solution Log Sheets to keep track of MRC test results, test dates and operators
• Frequently Asked Questions
• A 7-Step Instructional Product Wall Chart that coaches users on proper personal protection equipment all the way through the disposal of used chemistry
Crosstex/SPSmedical, a division of Cantel Medical Corp., have joined forces to serve the healthcare community as global manufacturers of infection control and prevention products. Crosstex/SPSmedical offers high quality, innovative products, the majority of which are manufactured in the United States in their FDA-registered manufacturing facilities. Sold in more than 100 countries, the range of products distributed to medical, dental, and veterinary practices include: Secure Fit® technology face masks, Sure-Check® sterilization pouches, STEAMPlus® Class 5 Integrators, in-office and mail-in biological monitoring products and services, sterilization packaging, Rapicide® OPA/28 HLD, patient towels, surface disinfectants, hand sanitizers, gloves, sponges, cotton products, saliva ejectors, evacuator tips and the Crosstex Patients Choice® line of preventive products.