OR WAIT 15 SECS
THE 21ST CENTURY TECH: THE SURGICAL TECHNOLOGISTS EXPANDING ROLE IN THE OR, BY TINA BROOKS, PAGE 26
1. McGuiness, AM. The new core curriculum: Training the 21st century tech. The Surgical Technologist. 2002;34:30-32.
3. Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology. http://www.arcst.org/
MECHANICAL REDUCTION OF CATHETERASSOCIATED URINARY TRACT INFECTION RISK, BY MAUREEN CARIGNAN, RN, PAGE 36
1. Maki DG, and Tambyah PA. Engineering out the risk ofinfection with urinary catheters. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2002;7:342-347.
2. Saint S. Prevention of nosocomial urinary tract infections.Making Healthcare Safer: A Critical Analysis of Patient Safety Practices;chapter 15.
3. Patronik, S. Eliminating urinary tract infections with theStatLock Foley catheter securement device. Unpublished paper.
4. Personal correspondence from Bernard M. Churchill, MD,chief of pediatric urology.
5. Cork RC, et al. Leak rate of latex gloves after tearingadhesive tape. American Journal of Anesthesiology. May/June 1995:133-137.
6. Nelson L and Carignan M. Catheter securement devices: aCanadian case study. Surgical Services Management. 2000; Vol. 6, No. 8: 9-10.
7. Product description, Dale Foley Catheter Holder, DaleMedical Products, Inc.
ENDING THE BLAME GAME: PATIENT-SAFETY EXPERTS ADVOCATE ANEW APPROACH TO ELIMINATING MEDICAL ERRORS, BY KELLY M. PYREK, PAGE 48
1. To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Instituteof Medicine report, 2000. Accessed from the National Academy of Sciences,www.nap.edu/openbook/0309068371/html/1.html
2. Study: Estimates of medical errors are overblown. Accessedfrom www.usatoday.com/news/health/2001-07-24-medical-errors.htm
3. Making Healthcare Safer: A Critical Analysis of PatientSafety Practices. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Accessed atwww.ahcpr.gov/clinic/ptsafety
4. Ibid. An Introduction to the Compendium.
5. Wachter RM and Shojania, KG. Internal Bleeding: The TruthBehind Americas Terrifying Epidemic of Medical Mistakes. Rugged Land: NewYork. Pages 20-21.
6. Ibid. Page 45.
7. Ibid. Page 46.
8. Making Healthcare Safer: A Critical Analysis of PatientSafety Practices. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Chapter 40. Accessed atwww.ahcpr.gov/clinic/ptsafety
9. Ibid. Chapter 4. Accessed at www.ahcpr.gov/clinic/ptsafety
10. Ibid. Chapter 5.
11. Wachter RM and Shojania, KG. Internal Bleeding: The TruthBehind Americas Terrifying Epidemic of Medical Mistakes. Rugged Land: NewYork. Page 63.
12. Ibid. Page52.
13. Ibid. Pages90-91.
14. Ibid. Page25.