OR WAIT null SECS
THE USE OF HEALTHCARE FAILURE MODE ANDEFFECT ANALYSIS TO REDUCE PERCUTANEOUS INJURIES IN THE OPERATING ROOM, BYSTACY BOONE, RN, BSN, MSN; LEIGH ANN OVERSTREET, RN, BSN, MSN; KAY LINDGREN,PHD,RN; HARRIET WICHOWSKI, PHD, RN; AND SCOTT MADARIS, MSN, RN, PAGE 10.
1. Souhrada L. (1995). The blunt truth aboutsharps injuries in the OR. Materials Management Health Care.5:32-34.
2. Madaris S. (2002). The Basics of healthcarefailure mode and effect analysis. Unpublished PowerPoint presentation. HuchesonMedical Center, Georgia.
3. Hodous T, Chiarello L, Deitchman S, Do A,Hamilton A, Huy J, Jenkins L, Maxfield A, Petsonk E, Sinclair R and Weber A.(2000). Preventing needlestick injuries in health care settings. U.S. Departmentof Health and Human Services Public Health Service Centers for Disease Controland Prevention National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 1-23.
4. Buckner C and Drake A. (2000). Hepatitis C.Infection Control, 8.
5. Hellinghausen M. (1999). Hepatitis C virusstrains the healthcare system.
6. Kovach T. (November/ December 1993).Controlling infection potentials when passing surgical instruments. TodaysORNurse, 15;35-38.
7. Garner J. (January/ February 1997). Theevolution of universal precautions to standard precautions. Todays OR Nurse14-18.
8. The Joint Commission on Accreditation ofHealthcare Organizations. (2002). Facts about the Joint Commission onAccreditation of Healthcare Organizations. http://www.jcaho.org/aboutjc/facts.html
9. DeRosier J, Stalhandske E, Bagian J and NudellT. (2002). Using health care failure mode and effect analysis: The VA NationalCenter for Patient Safetys Prospective Risk Analysis System. JointCommission, 5:248-265.
10. Sine D. (2002). The Basics of HealthcareFailure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA). Unpublished Power Point presentationfor the Georgia Hospital Association
11. VA National Center for Patient Safety.(2002). Healthcare Failure Mode and Effect Analysis Course Materials (worksheetsused with permission). http://www.patientsafety.gov/HFMEA_SAC.html
DANGERS OF SURGICAL SMOKE STILL PERSISTDESPITE AWARENESS CAMPAIGN, BY JOHN ROARK, PAGE 14.
1. NIOSH Hazard Control/Control of Smoke formLaser/Electric Surgical Procedures-HC11
3. Ulmer Brenda. Occupational Safety and HealthAdministration acts on guidelines for electrosurgical smoke. AORN Journal, June1998 4.Dawes BG. Stop smoke campaign begins with you. AORN Journal. Nov. 2000
THE FACTS: WET PACKS AND PLASTIC ACCESSORYCASES, BY ROSE SEAVEY, RN, MBA, CNOR, ACSP, AND AN NUYTTENS, MSC, PAGE 18.
1. PolyVac: Premarket Notification [510(k)]PolyVac Surgical Instrument Delivery System
3. MAS: Comparative study of sterilizableinstrument delivery systems produced by MAS
1. STERIS Inc. Preparing instruments, utensilsand textiles for sterilization and wet pack solving, 2003.
2. Lautenschlager. Wissenwertes uber dieDampfsterilisation im Gesundheitswesen. Oct. 2002.
3. American National StandardsInstitute/Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, ANSI/AAMIST46 :2002- Steam sterilization and sterility assurance in health carefacilities.
4. American National StandardsInstitute/Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, ANSI/AAMIST8: 2002- Hospital steam sterilizers.
5. Association for the Advancement of MedicalInstrumentation -AAMI TIR12: 1994, Designing, Testing and Labeling ReusableMedical Devices for Reprocessing in Healthcare Facilities: a Guide for DeviceManufacturers.
6. Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)Pre-market Notification [510(k)] Submissions for Medical Sterilization PackagingSystems in Health Care Facilities.
ADD FLAIR TO YOUR JCAHO PREPARATION, BYCAROLYN RAMSEY, RN, MSN, CNOR, PAGE 41
1. Lieb S. (1991). Principles of Adult Learning.Retrieved on May 12, 2003 fromhttp://www.hcc.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/adults-2.htm.
2. Hill C. (April 2, 2003). JCAHO News Releaseretrieved May 6, 2003 from http://www.jcaho.org/news+release+archives/unannounced+surveys.htm.
3. Infection Control Preparation for JCAHO.Retrieved May 6, 2003 from http://wahoo.utmb.edu/jcaho/InfectionControlWebQues.pdf.
4. Treat Learners Like Adults. Retrieved on May12, 2003 fromhttp://www.hcc.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/adults-1.htm.