OR WAIT 15 SECS
FOMITES: SMALL RISK OR REAL THREAT? BY JOHN ROARK, PAGE12
1. Nurkin S. Is the clinicians necktie a potential fomites for hospitalacquired infections? American Society For Microbiology.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Guidelinesfor Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities. Feb. 4, 2004. pg. 71.
NATIONAL INITIATIVE STRIVES TO REDUCE SURGICAL SITEINFECTIONS, BY KELLY M. PYREK, PAGE 16
1. Bratzler DW and Houck PM.Antimicrobial prophylaxis for surgery: an advisory statement from the National Surgical InfectionPrevention project. CID 2004:38(15 June).
CONSIDERATIONS FOR CHEMICALS AND AUTOMATED REPROCESSORSUSED WITH FLEXIBLE ENDOSCOPES, BY LYNNE A. THOMAS, BSN, RN, CGRN, PAGE 22
1. American Society for Testing and Materials. (1994). ASTM standard for cleaning and disinfection of flexible fiberoptic and video endoscopes used in theexamination of the hollow viscera (F-11- 1994). West Conshohocken, Pa.
2. Favero MS. (1991). Strategies for disinfection andsterilization of endoscopes: The gap between basic principles and actualpractice. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology,12(5), 279-281.
3. Martin MA and Reichelderfer M. (1994). APIC guidelines forinfection prevention and control in flexible endoscopy. Association forProfessionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. AmericanJournal of Infection Control, 22(1), 19-38.
4. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates. (1996).The steps necessary to thoroughly clean and high level disinfect or sterilizeimmersible GI flexible endoscopes (2nd ed.). [Wall chart]. Chicago.
5. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates, Inc.(2000) Standards for Infection Control and Reprocessing of FlexibleGastrointestinal Endoscopes [Monograph]. Chicago 6. Spach DH, Silverstein FE,and Stamm WE. (1993). Transmission of infection by gastrointestinal endoscopyand bronchoscopy. Annals of Internal Medicine,118(2), 117-128.
7. Olympus America, Inc. (1999) Endoscope Reprocessing Manual. Lake Success, N.Y.
8. American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and theSociety for Healthcare Epidemiology of America. (2003) Multi-society Guidelinefor Reprocessing Flexible Gastrointestinal Endoscopes. SHEA Position Paper. Nelson et al.www.sterrad.com. Cidex OPA Solution Label Change
HEALTHCAREWORKERS, EMTS EXTEND THE FRONT LINES IN THE BATTLE AGAINST INFECTION, BY KRIS ELLIS, PAGE 26
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Respiratory Hygiene/ Cough Etiquette in Healthcare Settings. Dec. 17, 2003.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ClinicalGuidance on the Identification and Evaluation of Possible SARS-CoV Disease amongPersons Presenting with Community-Acquired Illness, Version 2. Jan. 8, 2004.