Man Infected with Salmonella Dies

Article

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A man, who was treated for salmonella infection after eating at a suburban Chattanooga Red Lobster, has died.

Officials will not give any details of the cause of death, or the man's identity.

He was reportedly one of 160 people who became ill after eating at the restaurant last month. Some 35 cases have been confirmed.

The death is unexpected - reportedly only 1 percent of salmonella infections are lethal.

Information from www.azcentral.com

Related Videos
Set of white bottles with cleaning liquids on the white background. (Adobe Stock 6338071172112 by zolnierek)
Medical investigators going over data. (AdobeStock 589197902 by Wasan)
CDC logo is seen on a laptop. (Adobe Stock 428450603 by monticellllo)
Association for the Health Care Environment (Logo used with permission)
COVID-19 germs, fungi, bacteria objects. (Adobe Stock 584704860 by chawalit)
Ambassador Deborah Birx, , speaks with Infection Control Today about masks in schools and the newest variant.
mRNA technology  (Adobe Stock 485886181 by kaptn)
Ambassador Deborah Birx, MD
Woman lying in hospital bed (Adobe Stock, unknown)
Related Content