OR WAIT 15 SECS
Now available, the second edition of "Sterile Processing in Healthcare Facilities: Preparing for Accreditation Surveys," is written as a guide to healthcare facilities seeking to comply with accrediting agency surveys (such as CMS, JC, AAAASF) as they relate to the reprocessing of surgical instruments and other reusable medical devices in any healthcare setting. Nearly twice the size of the first edition, this popular resource by Rose Seavey is filled with valuable tools for preparing for accreditation surveys and maintaining compliance with accreditation requirements.
The book features:
• Information on multiple accreditation organizations and their most current requirements as they relate to sterile processing: new to this edition are information on TJC second-generation tracers, TJC’s performance improvement standards, and TJC accreditation standards for office-based surgery practices
• The current National Patient Safety Goals
• Information on the most current relevant evidence-based guidelines published by professional organizations-such as AAMI, AORN, and CDC-including recent amendments to ANSI/AAMI ST79
• Information on CDC’s Guide to Infection Prevention for Outpatient Settings
• The CMS Pre-Decisional Surveyor Worksheet, Infection Control Surveyor Worksheet for ASCs, and Worksheet on Assessing Hospital Compliance with the Conditions of Participation for Infection Control (Pilot Program Draft Version)
• New to this edition: audit tools for immediate-use steam sterilization best practices and high-level disinfection best practices
• An extensive bibliography, with multiple new references
"Sterile Processing in Healthcare Facilities: Preparing for Accreditation Surveys" includes information on policies and procedures, the creation of audit sheets, root cause analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, tracer methodology, and more. The order code is SPHC, SPHC-PDF, or SPHCSET (Print and PDF)
The List/AAMI member price is $195/$115 ($295/$185 for the set). To order a copy, call 877-249-8226 or visit the AAMI Store online at www.aami.org.