Summary: Take 5 minutes to catch up on Infection Control Today’s highlights for the week ending March 18.
Here are 5 highlights from ICT®’s wide-ranging coverage of the infection prevention and control world. Everything from interviews with known opinion leaders, to the news that infection preventionists and other health care professionals can use on their jobs.
1. Preventing HAIs with Updated Sterilization and Quality Control Processing
ANSI/AAMI’s update on endoscope processing is backed by rigorous scientific evidence.
2. Evidence Shows Students Need to Wear Masks Despite Disinformation
Multiple studies and reports show that masks in schools are effective, safe, and necessary because COVID-19 is not going away.
3. Pfizer CEO: Third Dose Is Good, But Fourth is Needed for COVID-19
Pfizer CEO, Albert Bourla, said in nationally televised interview that it is necessary to fend off waning protection.
4. Number of Staff, Not Ownership, Is Predictor of Nursing Home COVID-19 Outcomes
Ratings, ownership, and prior infection control citations of facilities were not consistent outcome indicators.
5. Elevated HAI Rates During COVID-19 Associated With Increased Premium Pay, Agency Hours
The study examined the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on specific types of infections, including MRSA and CDIs.