© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and Infection Control Today. All rights reserved.
NO CRYING OVER SPILT BLOOD: MANAGING FLUID WASTE DISPOSAL,BY KATHY DIX, PAGE 10
THEFACTS: WET PACKS AND PLASTIC ACCESSORY CASES, BY NANCY CHOBIN, RN, CSPDM;DAVID FURR, AND AN NUYTTENS, PAGE 24.
1. AAMI Committee Draft, AAMI/CDV-1, ST77, Containmentdevices for reusable medical device sterilization: May, 2004.
2. Steris Inc., Preparing instruments, utensils, andtextiles for sterilization and wet pack solving, 2003.
3. American National Standards Institute/Association for theAdvancement of Medical Instrumentation, ANSI/AAMI ST46 :2002- Steamsterilization and sterility assurance in health care facilities.
4. American National Standards Institute/Association for theAdvancement of Medical Instrumentation, ANSI/AAMI ST8: 2002- Hospital steamsterilizers.
5. Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation-AAMI TIR12: 1994, Designing, testing and labeling reusable medical devices forreprocessing in health care facilities: a guide for device manufacturers.
6. Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)Pre-market Notification [510(k)] Submissions for Medical Sterilization PackagingSystems in Health Care Facilities.
7. EN 285: Sterilization Steam sterilizers largesterilizers.
8. EN 868-8: Packaging materials and systems for medicaldevices which are to be sterilized- Part 8: Re-usable sterilization containers forsteam sterilizers conforming to EN 285.
SPLISH SPLASH WHATS TAKING A BATH IN YOUR HOSPITALS WATER SYSTEM? BY JOHN ROARK, PAGE 32.
1. Public health focus: surveillance, prevention and controlof nosocomial infections. MMWR. 41:783-787, Oct. 23, 1992.
2. Guidelines for Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities,2003. pg. 6.
3. Ibid., pg. 21.
4. Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. Pg. 27; M.L.W. 2674.
FOCUS ON LEARNING: TRAIN AND RETAIN AN EFFECTIVE STAFF BY CARLA PERROTTA, PAGE 45.
1. Numerof, Rita E. and Michael N. Abrams, Commonly UsedRetention Methods, Employee Retention: Solving the Healthcare Crisis, HealthAdministration Press, 2003, 51-68.
2. Schaffner, Julie W. and Patti Ludwig-Beymer, CareerGrowth and Professional Development, Rx for the Nursing Shortage: A Guidebook,Foundation of the American College of Healthcare Executives, 2003, 133-160.