Take 5 minutes to catch up on Infection Control Today’s highlights for the week ending March 25.
Here are 6 highlights from ICT®’s wide-ranging coverage of the infection prevention and control world. Everything from interviews with known opinion leaders, to the news that infection preventionists and other health care professionals can use on their jobs.
1. C Diff Rates Reduced Nearly 75% With Hydrogen Peroxide Disinfection System
The system gives infection preventionists another tool to combat the pathogen despite implementation challenges.
2. Infection Prevention and Control Are Crucial in Dialysis Settings
The hemodialysis setting presents a challenge for environmental cleaning and disinfection because of the demand for rapid turnover of stations.
3. Moderna's Vaccine for Children 6 Months to 6 Years Meets Primary Endpoint in Phase 2/3
The dose is half the antigen amount for adults but with similar amount of titers.
4. Water: Life’s Vital Necessity Can Also Be a Pool for Pathogens
How do you protect against waterborne infections when water itself is nearly ubiquitous?
5. Bug of the Month: I'm Mostly Harmless, Until I Contaminate Your Food
Bug of the Month helps educate readers about existing and emerging pathogens of clinical importance in healthcare facilities today.
6. Calculating Return-to-Work COVID-19 Policies Is a Balancing Act for Hospitals
Investigators concluded that HCPs can safely return to work after 7 days of quarantine if they test negative for COVID-19 on days 5 to 7.