Take 5 minutes to catch up on Infection Control Today’s highlights for the week ending February 25.
Here are 5 highlights from ICT®’s wide-ranging coverage of the infection prevention and control world. Everything from interviews with known opinion leaders, to the news that infection preventionists and other health care professionals can use on their jobs.
1. Handrails, Equipment Controls Among Most Contaminated High-Touch Surfaces in Long-Term Care Facilities
In a study of 11 LTC facilities, these surfaces were 4 times more likely to register high levels of crAssphage and adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
2. Using Behavioral Change Theories to Improve Infection Prevention and Control Best Practices
Investigators used 3 behavior models to study how to increase health care workers’ compliance with infection prevention and control practices..
3. Sanofi and GSK to Seek Regulatory Authorization After “Robust Efficacy” Proven by COVID-19 Vaccine
This vaccine will add another alternative to the current vaccines on the market if approved in US and Europe.
4. ACIP’s 2022 Updates: Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule Includes Contraindications, Precautions
The new immunization schedule also includes updates and clarifications on vaccines such as hepatitis B, recombinant zoster vaccine, and the pneumococcal vaccine.
5. Best Handwashing Technique: WHO’s 6-Step Process Is Effective, but Data Inconclusive
The goal of the review was to examine the efficacy of the World Health Organization’s 6-step handwashing technique and compare its efficacy with other handwashing techniques.