Take 5 minutes to catch up on Infection Control Today’s highlights for the week ending March 4.
Here are 5 highlights from ICT®’s wide-ranging coverage of the infection prevention and control world. Everything from interviews with known opinion leaders, to the news that infection preventionists and other health care professionals can use on their jobs.
1. Not 'Just' Sterile Processors: HSPA Talks Industry Changes Ahead of Annual Meeting
Staff shortages, public recognition, and moving out of the medical field are all issues that the sterile processing industry has faced.
2. Teaching Nursing Students COVID-19 Safe Practices Through Serious Games
Developers designed a game to teach infection prevention during COVID-19 to senior nursing students.
3. Mutated SARS-CoV-2 Detected in White-Tailed Deer in Ontario
The virus may have found yet another stable host in the white-tailed deer population.
4. Diversity Can Be Best Ally for Infection Preventionists
Perspectives from a diversity of health care workers improve the care and outcomes of patients.
5. Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 While Keeping Kids in School: A Case Study
The benefits of a systematic, multi-layered approach utilizing various methods to prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 to keep children in school.