OR WAIT null SECS
3M Infection Prevention recognizes the important role ambulatory surgery centers play in the healthcare environment. To help practitioners meet their mission of excellence in patient care, the 3M Sterile U program has designed a series of sterilization education webinars focused specifically on the unique needs of surgery centers.
This free, three-part education webinar series, "Focus on Surgery Centers: A Three-part Education Series," is designed to highlight key information from the ANSI/AAMI ST79 comprehensive guide to steam sterilization and sterility assurance in healthcare facilities document. This program is applicable to everyone working in the field of sterile processing.
The Webinars will be held on June 9, June 23, and July 14. Each webinar will be presented from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. CST and from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. CST.
Part I AAMI ST79 Recommended Practice
1) Describe what AAMI is and the need for recommended practices
2) Describe how to order a copy of ST79
Part II Review of key information from ST79, Sections 1-8
1) Describe recommended practices related to decontamination, packaging and preparation
2) Describe the different types of steam sterilization processes and cycle parameters
Part III Review key information from ST79, Sections 10-12
1) Describe the various sterilization process monitoring devices, including PCDs
2) Describe how to put the monitoring tools into practice
Registration is free. To register, visit: http://guest.cvent.com/d/gdq60h/4W
One credit hour toward recertification accredited by IAHCSMM, Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution and the California Board of Nursing will be offered.