OR WAIT 15 SECS
The Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE), of the American Hospital Association, has announced the recipients of the 2018 Environmental Services (ES) Department of the Year Award.
The Environmental Services Department of the Year Award provides national recognition for the significant contributions made by an environmental services department to the overall patient experience and achieving a healthcare organization's mission. It highlights the outstanding achievements of a leading-edge environmental services team in maintaining high levels of performance in cleaning, disinfecting, infection prevention, environmental sustainability and stewardship, use of technology, patient satisfaction, education, and training in critical areas.
This year’s recipients of the ES Department of the Year Award are:
• 1-249 beds: Jane Philips Medical Center/St. Johns Health System -- Bartlesville, Oklahoma
• 250-499 beds: Children’s Medical Center – Dallas, Texas
• 500+ beds: Memorial Medical Center -- Springfield, Illinois
AHE has bestowed Honorable Mentions upon the following:
• 1-249 beds: Wentworth-Douglass Hospital – Dover, New Hampshire
• 250-499 beds: Woman’s Hospital – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
• 500+ beds: New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center – New York, New York and Hackensack University Medical Center – Hackensack, New Jersey
All awards will be presented at EXCHANGE 2018 September 23-26 in Columbus, Ohio.
Tork sponsored the 2018 Environmental Services Department of the Year Award.