OR WAIT null SECS
ATLANTA -- Kaiser Permanente of Georgia has received an unexpected supply of approximately 12,000 flu vaccine doses and will hold public flu shot clinics on Saturday, November 13, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at six Kaiser Permanente medical centers (see list of participating centers below), while supplies last.
The clinics are open to Kaiser Permanente members and those in the community most at risk for getting the flu. High-risk Kaiser Permanente members will get a free flu shot. High-risk individuals who do not have Kaiser Permanente coverage can get a shot for $15. Kaiser Permanente will accept cash only; no credit cards or debit cards. Kaiser Permanente will not bill Medicare and no information to bill Medicare will be provided.
Everyone who visits the six Kaiser Permanente medical centers for a flu shot on Flu Shot Saturday must be in one of the priority groups listed below as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Children age six months to 23 months old
- Primary caregivers for children age six months or younger
- People aged 65 years or older
- Pregnant women
- People who have chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, heart conditions and immune deficiencies (organ transplant, HIV, sickle cell anemia, chronic steroid use or dependence)
- Health care workers who have direct patient contact
- Residents of nursing homes or long-term care facilities
Those coming for a shot are advised to bring the following documentation to verify eligibility:
- Drivers license, birth certificate or valid Georgia ID to verify age
- Health care workers with direct patient contact should show work ID
- For members, diagnosis must be confirmed by review of the patient's medical record
- doctor's statement verifying diagnosis OR
- current medication bottle that confirms treatment for a high-risk condition
Please call Kaiser Permanente at (404) 365-0966 for more information about Flu Shot Saturday.
Kaiser Permanente's Flu Shot Saturday takes place at these locations, while supplies last:
3550 Preston Ridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30005
Directions from Georgia 400: Exit 10, Old Milton Parkway; go east. At the third traffic light, turn left onto North Point Parkway. Go 4/10 of a mile and turn right onto Preston Ridge Road. The Alpharetta Medical Center is on the left.
1175 Cascade Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30311
Directions from I-285: Take I-285 to exit 7, Cascade Road; go east. At the first road after the I-285 ramps, turn left onto Cascade Parkway. The Cascade Medical Center is at the end of the street
2525 Cumberland Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339
Directions from I-285 South/West/East: Take exit 18, Paces Ferry
Road/Vinings. Turn left off the exit and make a left at the second
traffic light (Cumberland Parkway).
3650 Steve Reynolds Blvd., Duluth, GA 30096
Directions from I-85 North: Take exit 103, Steve Reynolds Boulevard; turn right. Go to the first light and turn left onto Shackleford Road. The Medical Center is on the right. (Note: There is also an entrance off Steve Reynolds Boulevard past the Shackleford Road intersection.)
Directions from I-85 South: Take exit 104, Pleasant Hill Road; turn left. Go to the second light and turn right onto Shackleford Road. The Medical Center is one block down on the left.
5440 Hillandale Drive, Lithonia, GA 30258
Directions from I-20 East: Exit 71, Panola Road; go north. At the first traffic light past I-20, turn right onto Hillandale Drive. The Medical Center is on the left
2400 Mt. Zion Parkway, Jonesboro, GA 30236
Directions from I-75 South: Get off at Exit 231 and turn right. Turn
right onto Mt Zion Boulevard. Take an immediate left onto Mt Zion
Parkway. The Medical Center is located 1 1/2 blocks down this road on the left.
Source: Kaiser Permanente