OR WAIT 15 SECS
Teleflex Incorporated will showcase a number of anesthesia, respiratory therapy and vascular access products at the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemologys (APIC) 39th Annual Educational Conference & International Meeting June 3-6, 2012 in San Antonio, Texas.
Teleflex will highlight:
- Teleflex ISISÂ® HVT Endotracheal Tubes, which are comprehensive, convertible endotracheal tubes that provide optimal airway access and management. With an integrated suction port and separate suction line for subglottic secretion removal, the ISIS HVT tubes meet the needs of patients requiring both short- and long-term ventilation without the need to change tubes.
- SoftechÂ® Plus Cannulas are a line of oxygen cannulas designed to help clinicians improve patient comfort and reduce DEHP exposure. The Softech Plus line of adult, pediatric, infant and neonatal oxygen cannulas feature a soft material in both the cannula and the lariat tubing, which runs from the nasal prongs up to, over and around the ear. Softer materials have traditionally only been used for the prongs. By expanding this soft material to the lariat, the design delivers a superior cannula which improves comfort around the patients ears.
- The GibeckÂ® Humid-FloÂ® 72-Hour Integrated Kit provides clinicians everything they need to start passive humidification and promote best practices to help reduce the risk of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP).
The Gibeck Humid-Flo Heat & Moisture Exchanger (HME):
- Enables all components to remain in-line during the first 72 hours of mechanical ventilation, even when aerosol treatments are given;
- Reduces circuit breaks and allows for adherence to clinical practice guidelines
- Maximizes clinical outcomes by eliminating the need to interrupt ventilation, allowing positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) to be maintained.
- The ArrowÂ® ErgoPack System is an ergonomic packaging system for vascular access procedures designed to efficiently facilitate compliance with best practices, evidence-based medicine, guidelines and recommendations from organizations to reduce the risk of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI).
The ArrowÂ® PICC with Chlorag+ardÂ® Technology is the only chlorhexidine-treated PICC. It provides broad-spectrum antimicrobial protection both intra- and extraluminally, for at least 30 days. Proven 99.99 percentÂ colonization reduction against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and fungi, including pathogens such as MRSA, VRE, Escherichia coli, Candida albicans and Acinetobacter baumannii.
In addition, Teleflex will offer onbooth education for attendees at Teleflex booth 712. TeleflexÂ will provideÂ education in airway management, respiratory therapy and vascular access. The airway management and respiratory therapy education will focus on the prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP); the vascular access education will focus on vascular access device selection, catheter-related thrombosis, CLABSI prevention and catheter malposition.