OR WAIT 15 SECS
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) congratulates the recipients of the 2012 Heroes of Infection Prevention Award. The recipients of this award have worked tirelessly to prevent infections and improve patient safety.
The following individuals and team are being recognized:
- Patti Bull, MS, M(ASCP), CIC Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene, Texas
- Miguela Caniza, MD & Don Guimera, BSN, RN, CIC St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital, Memphis, Tenn.
- Kim Delahanty, RN, BSN, PHN, MBA/HCM, CIC University of San Diego, San Diego
- Marlene Fishman Wolpert, MPH, CIC St. Josephs Health Services of Rhode Island, Providence, R.I.
- Elaine Flanagan, RN, BSN, MHA, CIC Detroit Medical Center, Detroit
- Catherin Grayson, RN, MSN, CIC Medical Center of McKinney, McKinney, Texas
- Namita Jaggi, MD Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon, India
- Katherine Rhodes, RN, BSN, CIC, COHN-S Texas Health Southwest, Fort Worth, Texas
- Beth Ann Rhoton, RN, BSN, MS, CIC Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center, Summerville, S.C.
- DeAnn Richards, RN, CIC Agrace Hospice Care, Madison, Wis.
Â Wynn Roberts, RN, CIC Randall Childrens Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, Portland, Ore.
Â Judy Warren, RN, MS, CIC, CPHQ Tawan Hospital, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
APIC established the Heroes of Infection Prevention Award in 2005 to recognize infection preventionists who have served their profession in an outstanding manner. The 2012 Heroes will be honored at a VIP breakfast on June 6, 2012. They will also be featured throughout the year in APICs main communication outlets.
The 2012-2013 Heroes program is supported by an educational grant from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company).