Halyard Health, formerly Kimberly-Clark Health Care, announces the launch of a new exam glove for EMS professionals and law enforcement personnel. The BLACK-FIRE* Powder-Free Nitrile Exam Glove with QUICK CHECK* breach detection technology is a dual-purpose glove with both a black side and a high-visibility orange side to quickly identify breaches in protection caused by cuts and tears, and to help reduce the risk of cross-contamination and infection.
“EMS professionals have long had to rely on multiple gloves to adequately protect their patients and themselves from the variety of situations they encounter on the scene day to day,” said Greg Metcalf, global director for gloves & apparel at Halyard Health. “Halyard Health is proud to introduce the BLACK-FIRE* exam glove. Its dual-purpose system combines the capability of two gloves and the ability to identify cuts and tears more quickly. As an added benefit, BLACK-FIRE* can help reduce costs associated with waste and it can free up storage space.”
The Halyard Health BLACK-FIRE* Nitrile Exam Glove:
• Is dual-purpose and can be used as a black or high-visibility orange glove;
• Reveals the opposite color when removed to easily identify if the glove is used and contaminated;
• Is designed with QUICK CHECK* breach detection technology to identify cuts and tears;
• Allows first responders to utilize one glove in providing patient care or directing traffic at the scene of an accident;
• May reduce costs associated with waste and free up storage space in confined environments such as an ambulance.
With the addition of BLACK-FIRE*, Halyard Health offers a full glove portfolio for the EMS market consisting of both 9.5-inch and 12-inch PURPLE NITRILE* and STERLING* Nitrile Exam Gloves.
For educational resources on the selection of exam gloves for EMS professionals and other health professions, visit the HALYARD HEALTH KNOWLEDGE NETWORK* at www.HalyardKnowledgeNetwork.com.
Source: Halyard Health