OR WAIT 15 SECS
The Joint Commission is merging its two online infection prevention resources into one convenient, expanded tool: the Infection Prevention and Healthcare Acquired Infection (HAI) Portal.
Previously, the Joint Commission offered both the Infection Control Page and the HAI Portal as separate resources. The new Infection Prevention and HAI Portal puts information from The Joint Commission, Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare and Joint Commission Resources in one place. In addition, it offers links to other nationally recognized resources on infection prevention issues, including:
- The 2014 “Compendium of Strategies to Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infections in Acute Care Hospitals”
- The Joint Commission’s Ebola Preparedness Resource Web page
- Nationally recognized infection prevention guidelines
- Resources on emerging issues such as influenza and enteroviruses
- Disinfection and sterilization resources
- Resources specific for different or various healthcare settings
“The Joint Commission strives to provide the best possible resources for healthcare professionals in a way that is easy for them to access,” says Ana Pujols McKee, MD, executive vice president and chief medical officer of the Joint Commission. “Our new Infection Prevention and HAI Portal accomplishes this by offering one simple place to find the most up-to-date information on these very important infection issues.”
The new Infection Prevention and HAI Portal can be accessed at: http://www.jointcommission.org/hai.aspx.
Source: The Joint Commission