The International Healthcare Worker Safety Center at the University of Virginia, supported by the Premier Safety Institute, presents the event, "Tenth Anniversary of the Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act: Mapping Progress, Charting a Future Path," to be held Nov. 5-6, 2010 at the Omni Hotel in Charlottesville, Va.
Join your colleagues, thought leaders, researchers, inventors, suppliers and front-line workers to identify remaining gaps and challenges in sharps safety technology and implementation, and help chart a future path that is global in scale.
Among the featured speakers are:
- John Howard, MD, MPH, director, NIOSH
- Janine Jagger, MPH, PhD, director, International Healthcare Worker Safety Center
- Susan Wilburn, RN, MPH, technical officer, Occupational and Environmental Health, World Health Organization
- Gina Pugliese, RN, MS, vice president, Premier Safety Institute, Premier healthcare alliance
- June Fisher, MD, director, Training for Development of Innovative Control Technologies
For more information and to register, visit www.cmevillage.com (click on "conferences & symposia") or contact Jane Perry at (434)982-3763, or send an e-mail to: email@example.com